Hope Interpreter services provide trained and quality interpreters to facilitate communication with individuals who do not speak English or those who have limited English proficiency. Effective communication when utilizing an interpreter ensures that individuals with limited English proficiency understand their care and service options and participate in decisions regarding their health and healthcare.
Hope Medical Outreach Interpreter Services, sponsored by Charles Drew Health Center
Hope Medical Outreach Interpreter Services is a collaborative effort to help ensure quality healthcare to linguistically and culturally diverse patients in the Omaha and surrounding communities. Each of our interpreters is bound by the Code of Ethics and Standards of Practice and HIPPA to provide professional and confidential face-to-face and phone interpretation services. Each of our interpreters receives training as specified through the National Council on Interpreting in Health Care (NCIH). All interpreters are screened for their language skills and techniques. The interpreters are required to have a medical screening, including but not limited to TB testing, background checks, as required through the Hope Medical Outreach guidelines.
Assignments (referrals) provided to each interpreter is also prefaced with information relative to the upcoming visit. All interpreters are required to contact the client(s) prior to the scheduled visit. Each interpreter will arrive at the assigned visit 15-minutes prior to the scheduled appointment to assist with patient forms and other pertinent information.
- Interpreter Services available Monday through Friday from 5:00am – 7:00pm – Weeknights and Weekends – Limited Availability
- Interpreter Services available in the following languages: Arabic, Burmese, Dinka, French, Hindi, Kachin, Karen, Karenni, Kikuyu, Luo, Mai Mai, Nepali, Nuer, Russian, Somali, Spanish, Swahili and Thai.
- Charges for On-Site interpreter services: $35.00 per hour with a 1 hour minimum.
- Same Day request for On-Site interpreter services: $45.00 per hour with a 1 hour minimum.
- Phone Interpretation: $20.00 per ½ hour with a ½ hour minimum.
- A charge of $35.00 will be incurred if cancellation of services is not provided with 24 hour notice or if client is a No Show.
- Translation services available
- For all interpreter needs please contact Blanca Iniguez, Interpreter Coordinator at (402)-451-3553 ext. 2211 or (402)-510-2236 or fill out the interpreter request form